Are you planning to take the IELTS exam in just 2 months? Don’t worry, with proper preparation and dedication, you can achieve your desired score. In this blog post, we will discuss a daily study plan for IELTS preparation, as well as tips to help you ace the exam with a 7+ band score. We have also included links to the latest available relevant materials in tabular form.
Before we jump in Please DOWNLOAD an app named as “IELTS Bands 9” from google play store
Tips to Ace IELTS with a 7+ Band Score:
- Understand the test format and question types.
- Develop strong English language skills.
- Read and listen to English materials regularly.
- Practice speaking English with a native speaker.
- Improve your time management skills during the exam.
- Use a variety of vocabulary and sentence structures in your writing.
- Use cohesive devices to link your ideas in your writing.
- Be confident and maintain eye contact during the Speaking section.
- Use appropriate pronunciation and intonation in the Speaking section.
- Review your mistakes and practice regularly to improve.
Daily Study Plan for IELTS Preparation:
Day 1-2: Familiarize yourself with the test format and content. You can refer to the official IELTS website and download sample questions and answers. Familiarize yourself with the types of questions asked in the Listening, Reading, Writing, and Speaking sections.
Day 3-10: Focus on improving your English language skills. Watch English movies, TV shows, and news channels. Read English newspapers, magazines, and books. You can also enroll in online English courses or take free online courses on websites like Coursera or edX.
Day 11-20: Practice Listening and Reading sections. Use the IELTS practice materials available on the official website, and try to complete the practice tests within the given time limit. Analyze your mistakes and focus on improving your weak areas.
Day 21-30: Practice Writing section. Write essays on different topics and get them evaluated by an IELTS teacher or tutor. Identify your mistakes and work on improving your grammar, vocabulary, and sentence structure.
Day 31-45: Practice Speaking section. Record your answers to the Speaking section questions and listen to them to identify your mistakes. Get feedback from an IELTS teacher or tutor and work on improving your pronunciation, fluency, and coherence.
Day 46-60: Take mock tests. Take full-length mock tests under exam-like conditions to assess your preparation level. Analyze your mistakes and work on improving your weak areas.
here’s a comprehensive study plan for 2 months in tabular form, including links to available resources and the latest YouTube videos:
|Week 1||Listening and Reading||Practice past papers, identify weaknesses, and work on improving them||IELTS Practice Tests: https://www.ielts.org/about-the-test/sample-test-questions|
|Week 2||Listening and Reading||Continue practicing past papers, and try to complete them within the time limit||IELTS Practice Tests: https://www.ielts.org/about-the-test/sample-test-questions|
|Week 3||Writing||Focus on improving your writing skills. Practice writing essays on different topics and get them evaluated by an IELTS teacher or tutor||IELTS Writing Task 2: https://www.ielts.org/about-the-test/two-types-of-ielts-test|
|Week 4||Writing||Practice writing essays on different topics and use feedback to improve your writing skills||IELTS Writing Task 2: https://www.ielts.org/about-the-test/two-types-of-ielts-test|
|Week 5||Speaking||Focus on improving your speaking skills. Record your answers to speaking section questions and listen to them to identify your mistakes||IELTS Speaking: https://www.ielts.org/about-the-test/two-types-of-ielts-test|
|Week 6||Speaking||Practice speaking with a tutor or native English speaker, and get feedback on your pronunciation and fluency||IELTS Speaking: https://www.ielts.org/about-the-test/two-types-of-ielts-test|
|Week 7||Grammar and Vocabulary||Focus on improving your grammar and vocabulary skills. Use online resources and textbooks to practice grammar and expand your vocabulary||English Grammar and Vocabulary Practice: https://www.englishclub.com/grammar/|
|Week 8||Mock Tests||Take full-length mock tests under exam-like conditions, and analyze your mistakes to identify areas that need improvement||IELTS Mock Tests: https://www.ielts.org/about-the-test/mock-test|
|Week 9||Review||Review your mistakes and weak areas from past practice tests and focus on improving them||IELTS Test Tips: https://www.ielts.org/about-the-test/tips-and-resources|
Here are some links to available resources for IELTS preparation:
- IELTS Practice Tests: https://www.ielts.org/about-the-test/sample-test-questions
- IELTS Writing Task 2: https://www.ielts.org/about-the-test/two-types-of-ielts-test
- IELTS Speaking: https://www.ielts.org/about-the-test/two-types-of-ielts-test
- English Grammar and Vocabulary Practice: https://www.englishclub.com/grammar/
- IELTS Mock Tests: https://www.ielts.org/about-the-test/mock-test
Here are some latest YouTube CHANNELS for IELTS preparation:
- IELTS Writing Task 1 – Playlist https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4y_u4o5kp_w&list=PLdawRnR9ilZCAQteJvI75eTAvefFcJ5AX
- IELTS Writing Task 2 – Playlist – https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zx-JcXsbUqQ&list=PLdawRnR9ilZB8cHazEY1yaGptceBnY9Ht&ab_channel=E2IELTS
- IELTS Speaking – Playlist https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=US_pz_Z6GCk&list=PLdawRnR9ilZBWJsnzHhkzFywWmwhvqlWD
- IELTS Listening Practice – Playlist https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CvDkD8tI5AI&list=PLMxeBlaArEcfASfanNAn-YrkoE1eHZdDn
- IELTS Reading – Playlist https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CFXiTWdb4mY&list=PLGHMg8AQ02x0dyXD2uysn4tp-znlFhiSN&ab_channel=FastrackIELTS
BEST YOUTUBE CHANNEL – https://www.youtube.com/@ieltsliz/playlists
By following this comprehensive study plan, utilizing the available resources and watching the latest YouTube videos, you can be well-prepared for the IELTS exam in just 2 months.