Before going into the discussion, let’s discuss the Eligibility criteria and Documents Required.
Requirements of the CSC scholarship are as follows:
- Applicants do not need to be Chinese and do not have a contagious physical or mental illness.
- Eligibility for the program you are applying for.
- The age limit at the time of final application is 25 years old for bachelor’s programs, 35 years old for master’s programs, and 40 years old for doctoral programs.
- HSK Level 4 (180 points) or higher in Chinese subjects.
- IELTS test score of 6.5 or higher, TOEFL (internet-based) test score of 90 or higher (non-native English courses). Some programs and universities may require proof of GRE and NTS-GAT test scores.
Application Deadline of Chinese Government (CSC) Scholarship
Chinese universities affiliated with the Chinese Scholarship Council accept Chinese Government (CSC) Scholarship applications online from December to April every year. The last date of application may vary depending on the university.
How to Apply for CSC Scholarship China?
Documents Required for CSC Scholarship
If you are looking for what documents are required for CSC Scholarship. The following list will satisfy your queries:
- Highest Academic Transcript.
- Notarized Copy of Graduation Certificate.
- Copy of Passport.
- Study Plan and or Research Proposal.
- Recommendation Letter.
- Visa (if any).
- Physical Examination Form.
- University Pre-Admission Letter (if any).
Tips to Get Scholarship in China
- Make Your Application Strong.
- Earn a Chinese Language Certificate.
- Apply as Early as Possible.
- Contact the University or Embassy.
- Apply to the Embassy in Person if Possible.
The following steps answer your question, “How do I apply for Chinese Government Scholarships?” Follow them properly:
- Go to the webpage of the universities that offer CSC Scholarships.
- Create an account on the CSC website
- Fill up the Chinese Government (CSC) Scholarship Application Form
- Select category B for CSC Scholarship
- Select the name of the university and input the university agency number
- Submit the application form and download the pdf file
- Attach all required documents with the pdf file
- Fill up the University Admission Application Form (if required) and download the pdf
- Pay the university application fee (if any)
- Attach the admission application form, documents, and CSC Scholarship form.
- Send two sets of all the documents to the university.
How to apply for CSC Scholarship China?
Apply for as many scholarships as you can; this will increase your chances of winning scholarships. Applying for both the CSC and University Scholarships in multiple universities is recommended.
The process for most universities is online now.
General Procedure for Applying for CSC/CGS Scholarship.
➡️Step 1. To find some good university affiliated with CSC related to your major
After selection from the University, try to get the acceptance letter from Professor.
➡️Step 2. Online application website. You need the University agency number.
➡️Step 3. Submit your application and Take the print of the online application
➡️Step 4. Prepare all Academic documents (Attested your documents from your university Professor, but the best way is to get an attestation from the Notary Republic from your District High Court),
English Proficiency Certificate instead of IELTS or TOFEL, Passport size photo, and your Passport, Medical examination. (According to the format given on the CSC website)
Two Recommendation Letters (by Associate Professors/Professor from current University): https://goo.gl/5SfuxJ
Study Plan: https://goo.gl/97wkYC
Research Proposal: https://goo.gl/JoaxVx
➡️Step 5: Find the University International Students Office address and send documents to the university through some good courier service e.g., DHL (using their student package), etc.
➡️Step 6. Send 2 sets of all documents along with a signed printed online application form to the university or you may need to apply only. But it all depends on each university’s rules and regulations. Just follow them!