The reasons for studying STEM in 2022 is that STEM opens up a wide range of opportunities of job in numerous industries. STEM jobs are highly-paying jobs in the market.
Step is one of the most talked topics in education but the question arises is what is STEM? Stem stands for science technology engineering and mathematics but stem has grown to represent a unique approach to teaching and learning. One that centers on individual students learning styles and interests. This means STEM education has something to offer every student unlike traditional education experiences (biology, chemistry etc.).
Reasons To Study STEM In 2022:
- The reason schools at every level consider STEM is it’s a field of endless opportunity. This revolutionary collage of disciplines can lead to careers in computer science, biotechnology, mathematics, education, engineering, and so much more.
- Another reason to consider STEM study is that jobs in this field pay well. STEM is the combination of different but related fields which enable students to learn about each field.
- People in the STEM fields are shaping the world in which we live. They’re behind the latest developments in medicine, technology and even the fields like finance or entertainment (apps like Netflix).
Why is STEM getting so much attention?
STEM focuses on higher-level thinking skills by connecting classroom learning to the real world. Some emphasizes collaboration communication, research problem, solving critical thinking and creativity skills that students need to get success in today’s world. STEM is a direct response to realizing the future.
It will become more and more difficult to remain competitive in the global economy however as a result of some implementation over the last decade, the number of fourth-grade students at or above basic levels in math has grown almost 30%. It points to STEM education being a vital part in American education system and also in Pakistan and our ability to train future global innovators and world Leaders effective
Over the last decade, companies have been experimenting with innovative ways to engage students in meaningful STEM learning. Several companies are getting it right. Sony is doing an amazing job of advancing STEM education by persuading students to start solving problems via science. Sony’s KOOV Educator Kit is an all-in-one coding, robotics and design kit that combines digital coding with physical building to teach the next generation of problem solvers and innovators.
- Demand for STEM workers is projected to Increase -Not enough students are graduating with STEM backgrounds to fill the open positions in the marketplace, more than 90 percent of all scientists and engineers in the world will be living in Asia. And more than 50 percent of all doctoral degrees awarded by United States.
- Science education in the U.S. has a long way to go. It becomes a well-known fact that most high school students are woefully unprepared for careers in science, technology, engineering, art and math (otherwise known as STEM
- STEM careers pay exceptionally well–college students who graduate with STEM degrees earn more than their counterparts with degrees in other fields. We must find new and innovative ways to engage students in hands-on and real-world learning activities, and we must do it fast.
Writer: Makhdoma Laiba Khan